Children’s Miracle Network HospitalsChildren’s Miracle Network Hospitals is an affiliation of children’s hospitals throughout the country. Each year these non-profit hospitals provide state-of-the-art care‚ cutting edge research and preventative health education‚ and treat children for every disease and injury imaginable. The network hospitals impact the lives of more children than any other children’s organization in the world. These hospitals are committed to providing the best care for children when they need it.
- Provide $2.5 billion in charity (uncompensated) care each year
- Treat 98% of all children needing heart or lung transplants
- Treat 88% of all children with cancer
- Treat 76% of all children with cystic fibrosis
- Treat 90% of all children with sickle cell anemia
- Treat 72% of all children with pediatric AIDS
- Devote 60% of their services to children under age six and 25% to newborns
- Train 60% of pediatricians and 80% of all pediatric specialists
- Educate families about issues like child safety seats’ helmet safety and bike safety
Credit Unions for Kids
Credit Unions for Kids is the umbrella brand through which credit unions and affiliated organizations support the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. All credit union donations‚ whether raised from the Cherry Blossom Ten Mile Run or other activities conducted by individual credit unions and affiliated organizations’ are totaled through the Credit Unions for Kids recognition program.
Credit Unions for Kids is among the top three corporate contributors to Children’s Miracle Network nationwide‚ with over $10 million in 2012 alone!
To learn more about how donations are used at one children’s hospital‚ read the Stewardship Report from Children’s National Medical Center‚ April 2010.
There are 136 children's hospitals affiliated with the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals in the United States and a total of 170 in North America.